Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year--a resolution?

I am not one who gets excited about New Year's resolutions. I have made them in the past. I'm sure some I've kept and some I haven't. I know there are some things I want to work on this year. A big one is to get some kind of schedule or routine for getting and keeping my house clean. I recently found an awesome blog (a slob comes clean) and I can relate so much to her. I have been on this little mission of getting my house together for much of the last year. I've had some successes and some things that were not successful (I don't consider them failures, they just didn't work.) I feel like I am constantly cleaning or organizing or something. There's always something to do so I don't ever just sit. That has to stop. I'm home much of the time with my children, yet don't feel I spend enough time with them. My son, my youngest, will start kindergarten in the fall. I may be going back to work. I want to take advantage of the time we have until then. What I feel like I need to do is get a few things finished each day and then stop. I'm not calling this a resolution, at least not yet. I want to come up with a specific way to measure my progress. (Play with the kids "more" isn't specific enough.) I'm hoping documenting my journey in this blog will help me measure my progress. Over the next week or so I plan to add a few more changes I hope to work on. Then I can organize my blogging in a way to keep track of those.

0 comments:

Post a Comment