Monday, February 28, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 2/28/11





I almost didn't do a menu plan for this week because my husband might not be home for dinner any night. My son is a picky eater and while my daughter will try everything she might not eat much. I do not enjoy cooking so if no one is going to eat I don't want to go to the trouble. If my husband isn't going to be here it is very easy to talk myself out of cooking. While we don't eat out or order in if I don't have a plan, we still don't eat very well. Our veggie & fruit intake goes down dramatically and that's not what I want. What I need is a list of easy meals but I just haven't accumulated them yet. So, here my plan for the week.

Monday-Tortellini Soup (from Mommy Hates Cooking/Pioneer Woman)
Tuesday-Chicken with Peanut Sauce
Wednesday-Scrambled Egg & Sausage Sandwiches on English Muffins & fruit
Thursday-left overs
Friday-homemade pizza
Saturday-at in-laws for daughter's birthday
Sunday-at parents house for daughter's birthday

Once I made my plan I realized I didn't have to cook that much this week and was able to have a couple good meals for my family. It didn't take near as much time to come up with my plan as I thought it was going to and it will be well worth the effort.

0 comments:

Post a Comment