Friday, February 11, 2011

You're kidding me.

I was going to write a post today titled "Pat, pat, pat" That was the sound of me patting myself on the back. I have had a very busy week. My daughter's Valentine's party at school was today and I have a daisy meeting tomorrow, I am in charge of both things. I've been running errands and looking for activities for those as well as my son's party on Monday and Valentine's goodies for my kids. This is in addition to my normal days of watching a six month old (who wants to be held all the time,) a two year old who is into everything, a four year old boy (in the mornings) and my four year old, while getting other kids on and off the bus. Normally, a week like this one would have my house in a state of chaos. Since I have been following my calendar and doing my dailies, it's not too bad. The floors didn't get cleaned this week and there are a few piles starting to grow but it could be (and has been) much worse.

Then, yesterday my nose smelled something. Now, I think I have a super sniffer. I can smell stink, especially potty kind of stink, from very far away. I smelled pee. I thought maybe there was a rotten diaper somewhere. Maybe my son took his nighttime pull-up off and left it. Maybe I left a diaper on the floor that got kicked under something. I couldn't find it. Maybe there was something in the laundry room, nope. Finally, last night I got down on my hands and knees and sniffed around the carpet. I found it. My dog had peed on the kiddie couch we have. The couch went to the trash and I started working on the carpet. I tried spraying a couple things on it, no luck. This morning I tried baking soda, nope. Being the week that it is I didn't have a chunk of time to really work on it. When we walked into the house after the school party, my daughter said it smelled like the penguin house at the zoo. That's not a good smell. This afternoon I was down on my hands and knees again smelling and spraying a vinegar/water solution. The area seems to be bigger than I thought and now the pee has dried.

Here's the frustrating part. My house is probably in better shape overall than it has been in several years. Now, though, it smells like the house of a family that doesn't clean. A house where the children aren't bathed. I'll get it taken care of, I think I'm going to borrow my mom's carpet cleaner. But, man, I am not in a good mood. This has knocked me down a notch or two. Does it always have to be two steps forward, one step back?

0 comments:

Post a Comment