Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Playing in the Snow


We've had several snow days this year. My husband is a teacher, so if school is called off, he's home. When he's ready to head out to shovel the driveway, I bundle the kids up and send them out with him. One day, after playing for a short period of time, my daughter came to the door because her wrists were cold. The skin between her glove and sleeve of the coat was pink and wet. Her gloves just weren't long enough to keep her wrist covered while she was playing. I took a pair of my old slipper socks (that's pretty much what I wear inside all winter long,) cut off the foot and put the cuff part on her wrist. I was so impressed with myself that I also cut a pair for my son. What's the saying? "Necessity is the motherhood of invention."



I'm linking up to We are THAT family for Works for Me Wednesday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment