Friday, February 4, 2011

It's going to be a long day.

It's just before seven a.m. here. My husbands alarm went off right around six. I stayed up way too late last night reading (it was approaching midnight when I turned the light off.) I couldn't fall asleep right way and felt like I was tossing and turning forever. (I didn't look at the clock, though, that tends to make it worse. When I do that I start calculating in my head how much sleep I would get if I fell asleep at that exact moment and it is never enough.) I'm supposed to scrapbook tonight from 6-11 and I'm supposed to run a 15k run tomorrow morning at nine. It seems like on days like today Murphy's law is in full force. The last time I did this to myself with sleep I put a gouge in the side of my fridge while I was cleaning it out. Let's hope today will be an exception to that rule.

I started this post before I even got out of bed and had to come back and revise it. When I was brushing my teeth I saw myself in the mirror and my eyes are so bloodshot I don't think I'm even going to try to put my contacts in. I better start the caffeine IV.

0 comments:

Post a Comment