Friday, February 18, 2011

Back to zones.

Last year, while I was doing all my information gathering about cleaning, decluttering, and organizing, I learned about zones. Several successful organizing systems recommend you work in zones. That meant I chose an area of my house to work in for a short period of time deculttering or organizing every day. It worked very well. I got rid of soooo much stuff. I have room in my closets and drawers. It makes me so happy to see empty space in those areas. Problem is, stuff gathers and quickly becomes clutter. I need to get back to my zones. I'm not in near the situation I was last year. My laundry/storage room has become bad. Every time I walk in I just feel yucky. I haven't done anything about it because it is such a HUGE job. It's going to take a lot of time. I keep thinking I'll get to it one Saturday or Sunday or maybe one day this summer. Then, I remembered the zones. All I have to do is work on it a little bit each day. I started yesterday and am going to try to work in there for 15 or 20 minutes a day. It seems so much easier to tackle this way. Plus, yesterday after only 15 minutes I could see a difference.

First zone, laundry room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment