Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thingy Thursday/Snack Trap

When I started this blog, I knew there were going to be products that I wanted to share my thoughts about. Some would be good and some would be bad. I began to think about what I would call it. I like the idea of assigning topics to days of the week. I also like the cute names some bloggers have come up with. Menu Plan Monday. Works for Me Wednesday. (Is it alliteration when the words start with the same letter?) When I was trying to think of a name, the first one that came to my mind was "Thingy Thursday." After that, I couldn't think of many others. I did think, "Favorite Things Friday," but some of the posts will be about things I don't like. I just couldn't get past Thingy Thursday, as silly as it sounds. It was stuck in my head and that was it. (I wonder if the fact that I'm hard headed and stubborn has anything to do with that.) Then I read a post last week at A Slob Comes Clean and she linked to The Diaper Diaries for Things I Love Thursday. Oh, yeah, things and Thursday, that's good.

Here is my first item. It's a product called Snack Trap. I first started using these probably about 6 1/2 years ago, when my first child was a baby. I originally ordered it through a catalog (maybe One Step Ahead) and after I fell in love with it I got more from Babies R Us. At the time, I had three babies under one with me all day, so I had to have one for each. Here is a picture of my first one:


(I was going to find a picture online but I like the way mine has held up and my daughter loves monkeys.)

This thing is awesome. It's a two handled cup (love the two handles) that has a top that allows you to stick your fingers in to grab a snack but doesn't spill if it's turned upside down. The red disk is a top you can trade the other top for so you can store the snacks without them going stale. I really didn't use it that often.


I used to give the babies snacks while we were on the go (in the car or in a stroller) and didn't have to worry about a spill. I know some people don't allow eating in the car, that's not us, so I needed a way to give a young person a snack without having to clean a huge spill. Who has time for that, right? Also, out in public I didn't want to have to pick up a spill, nor did I want to leave a mess for someone else to pick up. Snack Trap helped avoid the big spills. (I can't say it eliminated all messes but at least the child isn't able to dump the entire cup out at once.)

I'm going to link to Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries.

After I originally posted this entry I found a tip on how to make your own snack trap on parent hacks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment