Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February jobs recap

Last week I posted (here) what my Februrary jobs were. I did that so I would be accountable for getting those jobs done in February. At the end of January, I was scrambling to get through my jobs and didn't get to a big one and I ended up being sorry I didn't get to it (see above post.) Again, this month I didn't get them all finished. This time they are minor jobs, though, and I got to some other big jobs because I was getting ready for a party we had here Saturday. I'll just add the ones I didn't complete to my March jobs.

Here are the February jobs and how I did.
Kitchen-
kitchen windows (done)
cabinet fronts (done)
vac curtains (not done)
wipe trash can (done)
clean under disposal cover (done)

Hall-
dust vents (done)
dust doors (done)
dust baseboards (done)

Entry-
dust entry light (done)

Master bedroom-
wash comforter(done)
turn mattress (not done)

Office-
dust baseboards (not done) I'll do this when I dust in there next

I don't feel so bad about not getting to all of the above jobs because of some of the extras I did get to. Like this one...

The vent above my microwave has never been cleaned. It's a job I never thought of. Actually, in all of my researching about cleaning I don't ever remember someone else suggesting it, either. I would wipe the outside but never be able to reach the dust inside. Here's what it looked like:



Look at the greasy dust on the edge. It looks like fur.

I unscrewed the cover and put it in the sink. I sprayed it with Shaklee H2 degreaser and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, I wiped it off. It really didn't take much scrubbing.

Here's what I ended up with:




I also cleaned above my stove (I guess I didn't take a picture.) I have wiped that area before but it is tough to get off all that grease. I used Shaklee H2 degreaser again. It looks much better. I had previously cleaned the fan covers (see here) but this time I also cleaned the light fixture cover (another area that had never been cleaned) and it is so much brighter.

With those HUGE jobs being finished, I don't fee so bad about not getting to the kitchen curtains or office baseboards.

5 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Word. The difference in that microwave vent is amazing.

    Now I know how to clean mine. THanks!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job.thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed with your list! We're doing good if we can merely pick up after ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive - I really need to think about tackling the extractor fan vents above my hob (stove) - I've never done them - but I'm scared what I'm going to find.

    Great idea - posting your to-do list for accountability!

    G

    ReplyDelete