Thursday, March 17, 2011

Roller Coaster dvd

With the warm weather, I begin thinking about all the fun stuff my family will do this summer. We live close to a Six Flags amusement park. As a kid, that was a huge deal. We went every couple years and some of my fondest memories from my childhood are those days. My kids are getting to the ages where that is something we will probably try to do each summer.

We took my daughter for the first time when she was three. She is a tall girl and when she was younger she was super tall compared to other kids her age. That year, a new ride opened. The Tony Hawk. At the time, she was tall enough to ride it. Barely, but she made it. (They have since raised the height requirement significantly. She was able to ride it at three but not four or five.) She is brave and riding a roller coaster didn't scare her one bit. I rode next to her and my husband and sister were across from her. It was awesome. Actually, my husband and I were a little nauseous but my daughter LOVED it. I questioned my judgement once the ride started and she was banging around (I did put my arm around her to steady her a bit.)

As we got off the ride and walked down the ramp, we came to one of those booths where you can look at and buy pictures and dvds. We saw our pictures and discussed the possibility of getting the dvd. I am SUPER cheap. I was going to say frugal but sometimes I'm really just cheap. My husband, on the other hand, is spendy. The dvd cost $20 or $30. Initially, it seems like a ridiculous amount of money. But, I love to take videos and pictures and especially did when the kids were little. So, we got it.


It was some of the best money we EVER spent. It was so cool. I was sitting next to her so I didn't get to see her face during the ride. With the video, I got to see how much she enjoyed it. Plus, she was only three. She will never remember it. Now, she will be able to see it, too.

I don't see us buying it every time but for the first time, totally worth it.

I'm linking up to Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment