Saturday, March 12, 2011

This is not normal.

I started this blog to show an honest picture of an average mom's life. I may, at times, share too much. This may be one of those times. This is what I'm dealing with now, though, so here goes.

This is not normal. This can not just be normal acne. This is driving me crazy. I've always had good skin. Probably, at least in part, because I take care of it. I always have. I never sleep in make up. I wash it in the a.m. and p.m. Something has happened in the last few months that has caused this:


(It's not a very good picture but it's really hard to take a picture of your own face! I know my ear is totally in focus but the pimples are not.)

It's not flattering but it is exactly what I saw. Actually, it looked worse in person.

It's embarrassing. It's very embarrassing. They are those big, hard, painful pimples. They are all over my face and have also shown up in odd places, like my neck and shoulder. There is also what looks like a rash, mostly on my cheeks.

I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it. I haven't recently started using new face cleansers or creams. I am using the same laundry detergent I've used for a long time. I think it's something in this house or something I'm eating.

I know last summer my skin looked really good because I remember my aunt commenting on it at a baby shower. Last spring I started using Retin-A and felt like it helped smooth my skin out. That is what I think caused my skin to look so good my aunt commented. Now, this is what I have.

I have a suspicion it's either these granola bars I have been eating a lot of, or the sweet tea I've been drinking too much of. It doesn't make sense and I don't know how that would work but those are the only two things I can trace back a few months. Maybe too much sugar? I don't know, but I'm going to find out.

1 comment:

  1. Can it be food allergies? My skin gets like that due to that reason!

    ReplyDelete