Saturday, March 12, 2011

Here comes the sun.

After a week where it has been cold and cloudy, the sun is out. Yea! Right now it's sunny and 60. I'm stuck inside with a sick little boy (that's another story--see below) but at least I can open the shades and blinds and see the sun. Plus, I can finally open the windows. Fresh air!

It's amazing how much more energized I feel when the sun is out. I feel like I can do so much more. It's crazy but true. (Maybe I'm just crazy.)

I sent the girl to my mom's to go to a St. Patrick's Day parade and I'm going to go take care of my boy and try to get some stuff done around here.

Another story:
I've been debating all morning whether to take my son in to the doctor for a strep test. Before school yesterday he mentioned once he had a sore throat. That was it. I thought maybe he slept with his mouth open. Then he fell asleep on his way home from preschool in my carpool partner's van. His teacher's also sent home a note that said he pretty much laid around all morning. Shortly after he got home, he developed a fever. It got up over 101. He slept off and on all afternoon. He ate nothing after breakfast until late evening when my mom gave him an ice cream sandwich (one of his favorite things), which he didn't finish. (My daughter and I were at a Girl Scout event and my husband was out of town--good timing.) He seemed a little better this morning. His fever was lower but he was still whiny. Then he got more active and had some yogurt. Now, he's complaining of a headache and sore throat. His fever is right around 99, though he feels warmer (like I can tell by touching him.) So I can't see any clear reason to take him to the doctor. His tonsils are big, but they are always big. I don't see white spots on his throat but he won't open his mouth very wide (being the difficult child he is.) There was someone at his preschool with strep this week, but I don't know if they are in his class. He's complaining quite a bit but he tends to be dramatic about these things (typical male--just kidding.) It's one of those things where I don't think he needs to go today but the doctor's office will be closed tomorrow. There are urgent care facilities but they will cost $50 instead of $15. As late as it is, I guess we aren't going but I'm not sure I made the right decision. I hate being the one to have to make the decision. If someone would just tell me what to do, I'd be happy to do it! Such is the life of a mom, I guess.


Post a Comment