Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where is my stuff?

This morning I left several bags of my purges in front of my garage door and Vietnam Vets of America was going to pick it up. When I got back from dropping off at preschool & running errands, the bags were gone. When I got inside there was a message from VVA saying their driver was there and couldn't locate my donations. The same thing happened the last time I left donations for VVA. I dropped off at preschool and when I got back my stuff was gone. That time, though, I was home when VVA came and they knocked on the door. I explained I left it out and it was gone when I got back. He said that there is a group that drives around in the area where VVA is planning pick ups and snags the donations first. He told me the group and I can't remember which one it is. It was one that I recognized, though (maybe American Kidney Society?) That is just wrong. One charitable organization stealing from another charitible organization. That does not make me happy. In the end, I don't care who gets my stuff. I just don't want to give it to a group that is shady.

1 comment: