Monday, April 18, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 4/18

We had such a busy weekend I didn't get a chance to menu plan yesterday. I thought I was going to have to wing it and figure out each day what we were going to have for dinner (like I did last week and that does not go well for us). Luckily, I finished lots of stuff around here and everyone is napping well so I had a little time to plan.

I got lots of good ideas when I was doing the Menu Planning Challenge at A Bowl Full of Lemons. One that I used today was to plan for more than one week at a time. Today I used my 7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies book and planned two weeks worth of meals. I recorded them on the Monthy Menu Planner I printed off here from 5 dollar dinners. I think next month I might try to plan for the entire month.

This week:
Sunday- Burgers, fries, salad, grapes
Monday- Sandwiches (I couldn't get to the grocery store after I made my plan so I had to go with what I have here. Plus, my daughter has softball practice tonight.)
Wednesday- Mamas Amazing Ziti (Meal Makeover Moms)
Thursday- Tater Tot Casserole
Friday- Pizza
Saturday- Leftovers

Next week:
Sunday- Chicken Pot Pie
Monday- Leftovers or sandwich (softball practice)
Tuesday- Tuna Noodle Casserole (7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies)
Wednesday- Meatball Mac & Cheese, green beans (7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies)
Thursday- Leftovers
Friday- Pizza
Saturday- Orange-Thyme Salmon, green beans, jasmine rice, salad, crusty bread (7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies)

I've got to get to the grocery store tonight or tomorrow for the next couple of days to work.

I'm linking up to Menu Plan Monday at Org Junkie.



0 comments:

Post a Comment