Monday, April 4, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 4/4

My half-marathon is Sunday so this week I am going to be loading up on carbs, especially at the end of the week.

Last week I tried a couple new recipes and I wanted to share my experience with them. I decided every Monday I would give an update on how my meals went the previous week. It will serve as a review of new recipes but also as a way to show what my meals ended up really being. More often than not, my plan isn't followed exactly.

Here's this weeks menu:
Sunday-@ aunts house
Monday-Pizza Pie
Tuesday-Meatball Tortillini Soup
Wednesday-Mama's Amazing Ziti (Meal Makeover Moms) with steamed broccoli
Thursday-Spaghetti
Friday-Pizza (for family) baked potato for me
Saturday-left overs (one of the pastas for me)


Here is how last week went:
Sunday-Tacos
Monday-Tortilla Soup (A Slob Comes Clean) with cornbread This was way too spicy for me. I almost didn't use the chili powder at all, next time I won't, but I didn't think a sprinkle would make it so hot. Also, I thought it would be healthier to use Bob's cornbread mix compared to Jiffy. It was not good. Next time, Jiffy it is.
Tuesday-Spinach Artichoke Casserole (Stolen Moments) This was also too spicy. I guess it was the cayenne pepper. I thought about not using that but I'm always afraid to change recipes because I really don't know how ingredients interact with each other. If I try it again, I will definitely leave it out.
Wednesday-Leftovers We didn't have any leftovers because we threw out all of the leftover food from Monday and Tuesday. (I hated doing that but we just weren't going to eat it.)
Thursday-Fish (not sure what kind yet) & Cheesy Spinach Bake (Meal Makeover Moms) I chose Simply Superb Salmon, which is a recipe from Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen cooking blog. It was yummy, yummy, yummy. So was the Cheesy Spinach bake. Finally, a success.
Friday-Pizza
Saturday-Meat Loaf My husband was out of town so the kids and I went to my mom and dad's for dinner. We had steak, fried corn, and fried potatoes. (Super healthy.)

I'm linking up to Menu Plan Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment