Thursday, May 19, 2011

I am such an idiot!!

I just realized I left a gallon of milk in my van all night. And it was organic. So, that's six bucks down the drain. I hate that. Problems like that happen when my plans get derailed and I am not sure how to avoid those kinds of problems.

Last night I was supposed to go see my cousin's new baby. I was out running a different errand and found out the new mom wasn't allowed visitors because her blood pressure was too high. That meant I had some time to run to the grocery store.

I picked up a few things and headed home. I decided to run since I was going to be home early and my husband had already planned to doing bath and bedtime by himself. As I was running, I realized I never took the groceries in and there was ice cream in one of the bags! I picked up my pace, got the two bags out of the van, and put the ice cream in the freezer. For some reason, I didn't put away the rest of the groceries (which isn't like me.)

This morning I started to empty the bags and realized the bacon was left out overnight. I ran to my iPad and found enough people saying that cured bacon in an unopened package would be fine left out. I thought, "Whew, I almost wasted $4." Then, as I was making breakfast I saw the milk was low and thought, I should have gotten milk last night, wait, I did get milk last night. I went to the van and there it was, a full gallon of organic milk. Noooooooo!

I make mistakes all the time, no big deal. That's how we learn. I think I hate money mistakes most of all because I try to be so frugal. It will take quite a few coupons to make up for the $6 I just wasted. So, to make this not a complete, unnecessary loss, I am telling myself it is a lesson. I'm not sure what to do about the leaving the groceries in the van while I ran. Maybe on quick errands like that I should put the groceries right behind my seat instead of the way back? Maybe just be more aware when I run to the grocery store in the midst of other errands? I think the big lesson is

Always put away all groceries as soon as I take them in the house.

Maybe had I done that I would have realized that I left the milk in the back of the van and gotten it out before it was too late.

0 comments:

Post a Comment