Thursday, December 30, 2010

I hate the mall.

I avoid the mall for many reasons. A big reason is to avoid spending money. If I don't see it, I don't want it. Sometimes it just can't be avoided. Recently I experienced one of those times. So, I went to the mall with my husband, children, and in-laws. This is not something we do. I can probably count the number of times I've taken the kids with me to the mall on my two hands. We had to go to two stores on opposite sides of the mall. After we did what we needed to do we walked through the mall to get back to the van. We walked past Victoria's Secret. Do they HAVE to put pictures like that in the windows? Really, is it necessary? We don't watch t.v. with commercials so exposure to those types of images is pretty limited. I could see my daughter (age 6) just staring at the pictures as we walked past. I hated it. Those pictures make me feel insecure enough about myself as it is. I hate to think what they are going to do to my daughter over time. I guess for a while I will have to plan my path more carefully.

0 comments:

Post a Comment